The schools are part of The Yare Education Trust and joined as converter academies on 1st February 2018. The main registered office is Laundry Lane, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, Norfolk, NR7 0XS.
Details of the Trust’s Funding Agreements, Articles of Association, Scheme of Delegation, Financial Information and other detailed governance arrangements can be found on the Trust’s website.
The Local Governing Body( LGB) sets the strategic direction of the schools by:
- promoting high standards of education, ensuring that the needs of every child are catered for
- supporting and challenging in order for the schools to move forward
- having a long term view to ensure the schools work together to achieve their aims
We are committed to continuous improvement. Our governors are able to bring a range of expertise and skills and this helps to direct the Federation in a positive and effective way. If you would like to contact the Governors, then please ring or email the school office and they will pass on your message.
Governing Body responsibilities
A key responsibility of the LGB is to act as a ‘critical friend’ to the schools: to support, to challenge, to ask questions, ultimately to represent the school community.
The Local Governing Body works in close partnership with the Headteacher, staff and the Trust. Whilst the Headteacher is, of course, responsible for the day to day running of the school, the governors are involved with such things as staffing, curriculum, school buildings and finance. It ensures the school functions well and maintains the proper range of academic and social objectives.
Membership of the Governing Body includes parents, teaching staff and representatives from the local community. The Full Governing Body meets at least once each term; additionally, there are sub-committees which also meet termly.
The Full Governing Body has two sub-committees:
- Pupils and Learning (Chair Mrs Caroline Bell) and
- Quality of Leadership (Chair Mrs Nicola Barker)
The Governing Body has a range of powers and duties laid down by various Education Acts. In the main, these responsibilities relate to:
- Setting targets and promoting high standards of educational achievement
- Setting the strategic framework within which the school operates
- Management of the school’s delegated budget
- Ensuring that the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based
Members of the Governing Body
Paul East - Chair
Caroline Bell - Vice Chair
Katie Pascoe - Staff Governor
Nicola Barker, Steph Scott, Jo Todd Nicola Turner– Co-opted and Parent Governors
What our Governors have done
Each year we produce an annual governance statement outlining what our Governors did. You can view the report below.
|Governing Body Information 2016-17.pdf||149.34 KB|
|Annual Governance Statement 2017-2018.docx.pdf||58.33 KB|