Pupils at The Federation of North Walsham Infant and Junior Schools will leave Year 6:
- Reading and writing with confidence, fluency and understanding, being able to write confidently, drawing on their experience of reading high quality texts.
- Being able to write clearly, accurately and coherently, adapting their language and style for a range of audiences and in a variety of genres.
- Confident when talking to a range of audiences, being able to use discussion to elaborate and explain clearly their understanding and ideas.
- Having a greater and more sophisticated vocabulary and a deeper understanding of the meaning of words and how to use them in context.
- Using their developing imagination and inventiveness.
- With a greater appreciation of our rich and varied heritage.
- Being able to spell in line with the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum.