Pupils at the Federation of North Walsham Junior, Infant and Nursery School will leave Year 6:
- Reading and writing with confidence, fluency and understanding, being able to write confidently, drawing on their experience of reading high quality texts which have been inspired by ‘The Power of Reading’, RWI and Literacy and Language programmes.
- Being able to write clearly, accurately and coherently, adapting their language and style for a range of audiences and in a variety of genres.
- Confident when talking to a range of audiences, being able to use discussion to elaborate and explain clearly their understanding and ideas.
- Having a greater and more sophisticated vocabulary and a deeper understanding of the meaning of words and how to use them in context.
- Using their developing imagination and inventiveness.
- With a greater appreciation of our rich and varied heritage.
- Being able to spell in line with the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum.