Guidance was sent to schools yesterday afternoon regarding the national restrictions which begin today. The following changes will need to be implemented until December 2nd:
1. Extra-curricular activities (sports clubs and music lessons) cannot go ahead. This means that after-school sports clubs and instrumental lessons taught during the school day will not take place. Booster/Catch-Up classes after school are deemed as essential, curricular lessons and can continue. 2. Breakfast Clubs can remain open as they provide childcare for Key Workers and vulnerable children.
3. Children in primary schools do not need to wear face masks, although staff will be wearing them in all communal areas including corridors.
4. Children who are extremely clinically vulnerable may be advised by their consultant not to attend- the school will be in contact with the parents of children in this group today.
5. Staff who are extremely clinically vulnerable will not be able to attend work. We will let you know if this will effect staffing in your child's class.
6. Children should attend school as normal, even if they live with somebody in the ' extremely clinically vulnerable' group.
7. We are relying on parents to follow our safety rules on site. There are still a number of parents who are not staying 2 metres away from others and who regularly walk into school next to eachother. PLEASE KEEP OUR COMMUNITY SAFE; keep to the one-way system (some parents are entering the site up the ramp)- wear a mask- only one adult per family on site.
8. Parents and carers may be banned from the school site if their behaviour is rude and abusive towards school staff (who are trying their hardest to keep everyone safe) or if they continue to ignore our Covid-secure measures.